Welcome to Simi!
Simi is a mobile application by Simi Studios Pte Ltd (“Simi”, “we”, “our” or “us”).
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
The Personal Data controller and processor in respect of the Products is Simi Studios Pte Ltd, a company registered in Singapore with company number 202034393Z, whose registered office is located at 10 Anson Road #16-12 Singapore 079903.
- comply with the law or legal process served on us;
- protect and defend our lawful rights and property;
- detect, investigate, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity, security or technical issues; and
- protect the personal safety of Simi, our Products users and/or the public.
In the event of an internal restructuring of our or our affiliates businesses or the sale of Simi or any of its assets to a third party, the control and permission granted by you to us in respect of your Personal Data will be transferred to the new owner.
For the avoidance of doubt, we are not responsible for the safety and security of your Personal Data where you have voluntarily shared your Personal Data with third parties to sign up for or use third-party goods or services, whether directly or indirectly through the Products.
HOW DOES SIMI COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Products, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, provide your mood or preferences, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created.
Networks and connections. We collect information about the people and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them within our Products, such as people you communicate with the most or groups you are part of. We also collect contact information if you choose to upload, sync or import it from a device (such as an address book or call log or SMS log history), which we use for purposes of our service such as to help you and others find people you may know.
Your usage. We collect information about how you use our Products, such as the types of content you create, view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you are using and have last used our Products, and what posts and other content you view on our Products.
Information about transactions made on our Products. If you use our Products for purchases or other financial transactions (such as when you make a purchase or donation within the app), we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, other account and authentication information, and billing, shipping and contact details.
Things others do and information they provide about you. We also receive and analyze content, communications and information that other people provide when they use our Products. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a photo of you, send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information. If you link your Products account to another service or app, we may receive information from the other service, like how you use that service. Advertisers, app developers, publishers and other third parties may share information to us as well. We may use this information, among other ways, to help target or measure the performance of ads.
Location Information. When you use our Products, we may collect information about your location. We may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers and compasses.
Device information. We collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Products, and we combine this information across different devices you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of our Products on your phone to better personalize the content (including ads) or features you see when you use our Products on another device.. Information we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations: information about operations and behaviours performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts you use.
- Device signals: Bluetooth signals, and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons and cell towers.
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, fitness tracker, camera or photos.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network, for purposes of our service such as to help you stream a video from your phone to your TV.
- Cookie data: data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
WHY DOES SIMI COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Provide, personalize and improve our Products and ads. We use the information we collect to deliver our Products, including to personalize features and content and make suggestions for you (such as events that you may be interested in or topics you may want to follow) on and off our Products. To create personalized Products that are unique and relevant to you, we use your connections, preferences, interests and activities based on the data we collect and learn from you and others (including any data with special protections you choose to provide).
- Location-related information: We use location-related information to provide, personalize and improve our Products, including ads, for you and others.
- Product research and development: We use the information we collect to develop, test and improve our Products, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new features.
- Ads and other sponsored content: We use the information we collect such as your interests, actions and connections – to select and personalize ads, offers and other sponsored content that we show you.
Promote safety, integrity and security. We use the information we collect to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences and maintain the integrity of our Products. For example, we use data we collect to investigate suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies.
Sharing on our Products. When you share and communicate using our Products, the information you share is visible to the members within the group that you are sharing with. For example, when you post a photo in a group, the photo can be viewed by all members of the group. The group members can also see actions you have taken on our Products, including the update of mood and preferences. People in your networks can also see signals telling them whether you are active on our Products, including when you last used our Products.
Communicate with you. We use the information we collect to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Products, and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
HOW DOES SIMI SHARE INFORMATION?
We may share information we collect about you in the following ways:
With other Products users. We may share to other Products users the information such as your name or username, how you interact with our services, any additional information you have directed us to share as well as content you post or send. For example, the names of users who you are friends with, to help other users understand your connections with others using our Products. We will also share your information when you connect your Products account to a third-party app.
With third parties. We may share with service providers who perform services on our behalf information about you for purposes such as to measure and optimize performance and delivery of ads, functionality of our services. for legal and security reasons and/or as part of a merger or acquisition.
THIRD-PARTY CONTENT AND INTEGRATIONS
Our Products may contain third-party content and integrations. Examples include features provided by third party such as camera functionality and games. Through these integrations, you may be providing information to the third party as well as us. WE are not responsible for how these third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party service that you use through or on our Products.
MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION
If you would like to manage, change, limit or delete your information, we allow you to do so through the following tools:
Products settings. You can change your Products settings to manage certain information available to other uses. You can manage your profile data, your groups, and you can choose to leave a group that you previously joined.
Changing your mobile number, profile name, profile picture and status. You must change your mobile number using our in-app change number feature and transfer your account to your new mobile number. You can also change your profile name, profile picture and status at any time.
Deleting Your Products Account. You may delete your Products account at any time (including if you want to revoke your consent to our use of your information) by writing to us at [email protected] or contact us on our social media page on Facebook and Instagram. When you delete your Products account, your undelivered messages are deleted from our servers as well as any of your other information we no longer need to operate and provide our Products. Be mindful that if you only delete our Products from your device without specifically writing to us to delete your account, your information may still be stored with us. Please remember that when you delete your account, it does not affect the information other users already possess relating to you, such as their copy of the messages you sent them.
WHERE DOES SIMI PROCESS AND STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
HOW LONG DOES SIMI KEEP HOLD OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
USERS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION
Here is some additional information we would like to bring to your attention:
Rights of Access, Deletion, Correction, and Portability. You can exercise your rights of access, deletion, correction, and portability as described in the Managing Your Information section above.
Bases for Using Your Information. Your country only allows us to use your personal information when certain conditions apply. These conditions are called “legal bases” and, at Simi, we typically rely on one of four:
- Contract. One reason we might use your information is because you have entered into an agreement with us. For example, when you make a purchase and accepted our terms, we need to use some of your information to collect payment and make sure we duly deliver the content that you have purchased to you.
- Legitimate interest. Another reason we might use your information is because we have—or a third party has—a legitimate interest in doing so. For example, we need to use your information to provide and improve our services, including protecting your account, delivering your messages, providing customer support and helping you find friends and content we think you will like. Because most of our services are free, we also use some information about you to try and show you ads you will find interesting. An important point to understand about legitimate interest is that our interests do not outweigh your right to privacy, so we only rely on legitimate interest when we think the way we are using your data does not significantly impact your privacy or would be expected by you, or there is a compelling reason to do so.
- Consent. In some cases, we will ask for consent to use your information for specific purposes. If we do, we will make sure you can revoke your consent in our services or through your device permissions. Even if we are not relying on consent to use your information, we may ask you for permission to access data like contacts and location.
- Legal obligation. We may be required to use your personal information to comply with the law, like when we respond to valid legal process or need to take action to protect our users.
Your Right to Object. You have the right to object to our use of your information. With certain types of data, we have provided you with the ability to simply delete it if you do not want us processing it anymore. In other cases, we have given you the ability to stop the use of your data (please refer to the “Managing Your Information” section above). If there are other types of information you do not agree with us processing, you can contact our Data Protection Officer.
HOW CAN YOU GAIN ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
If you have an Account on the Products, your Personal Data may be accessed and/or updated via the Simi mobile application.
You can also request for or request to amend your Personal Data by contacting us at:
Address : Data Protection Officer, Simi Studios Pte Ltd, 10 Anson Road #16-12, International Plaza, Singapore 079903
Email : [email protected]
When contacting us, we would appreciate it if you could let us know specifically what Personal Data you would require, in order for us to respond to your request appropriately. You may also direct any complaint about the Products to our Data Protection Officer through the contact details above or file a complaint with the national authority.
For the protection of all our users’ interests, please note that we will need to take all reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to release of any Personal Data requested to you.
We will aim to respond to such requests within 20 working days.