Am I the only one who struggles to find the right gift for my partner during Valentine’s Day or other special occasions? Don’t you wish you can subtly do your research of your partner’s preferences before buying your gifts and worrying that your partner may not like it? Of course, it’s the sincerity that counts. Let’s be honest here – giving gifts that your partner says “oh, I love them!” but end up not using them, is kind of sad isn’t it?
If you recall, we have seen some “tragedies” on NUS Whisperers or Mothership that complained about their partners not knowing their preferences well. We may have our own comments about their materialistic mindset. However, it is not the intention of this post to solve their problems.
Building a healthy relationship is about openness in communication. It starts with making an effort to know your partner’s needs (physical, psychological, spiritual…) from their lifestyles, daily routine, preferences, and beliefs.
So, this Valentine’s Day, we prepared a simple “Simi Game – Couple Edition” to spice up our understanding of each other so that we can all be a caring and loving partner. 😉 The game is very easy to play. You need to prepare:
- A piece of paper and a pen to record the score of your partner.
- Option card A/B. You can print it from the game deck or simply write your own.
- The game deck.
- [Optional] A soft toy to hit your partner softly if they get a simple question wrong.
Game Rules (Normal):
- This is a game to test how well couples know each other in different aspects of life.
- This game contains a list of questions with 2 answer options – a or B. Print out 2 sets of the option cards A and B.
- Each turn, a player pick a question and flash to the partner player.
- The partner player has to guess which answer option would the player choose.
- On a count of 1-2-3, both players flash their option card.
- If the partner player flashes the same option has the player (i.e. the correct answer), the partner player scores a point.
- Repeat and calculate the scores.
Game Rules (Hard):
- To make the game even more challenging, try adding the following rules.
- Add 2 more options – Both or none.
- If both options apply, flash both option cards.
- If none applies, don’t flash any card. Shout out the correct answer instead.
- Correct answer +1 point. Incorrect answer -1 point. Remain silent 0 point, but can only use this option 3 times.
The questions in the deck include topics related to food, daily routine, brand preferences, behaviour and so on. They will be updated from time to time! If you have other questions or topics to add, please feel free to reach out to us on Instagram or Facebook!
Enjoy and let us know how it goes! 😉